A challenge day with us…
…is an excellent way to engage with the local community and provides great team-building and development opportunities for corporate groups. Your employees will apply their skills in a different context; interact with colleagues in the relaxed setting of our unique urban oasis and help the community to grow and blossom.
All activities are practical, outdoors, hands on and suitable for everyone: an example of a challenge might be:
- Creating an accessible, sensory garden for people with disabilities to enjoy
- Developing our messy play area to get local children off their screens and into the wild
- Installing a water harvesting system as part of our commitment to long term sustainability
- Planting an edible garden to provide organic produce for the community.
The team day went brilliantly thank you. We had a great day, probably the hardest we’ve worked in years! ☺Peter Endacott
Getting out of the office and working outside for the day with the staff at HCGC was great fun and really good for general wellbeing, figuring out how to move the water collection tank from one part of the site to the other got our brains working and clearing the ground and laying bricks for the base got our muscles warmed up and our blood pumping! A very satisfying day for all of us and we’re looking forward to the next challenge that we can get our teeth into in our ongoing relationship with HCGC.Jacqui Moore
We had a fantastic day, thank you all the team at Hulme Community GardenOlivia Phalp
Our corporate package includes all planning, preparation time and site visits to ensure an experience that meets your requirements. All activities are fully risk assessed and our site is fully insured up to £5 million. We provide trained and experienced team leaders and all safety equipment to guarantee a fun, safe and fruitful day.
Your team will have a warm and secure base for the day in our strawbale eco building, an endless supply of Fairtrade tea and coffee and a plaque to take back to the office. For an additional charge we can provide a locally sourced lunch with delicious homemade cake from our onsite café – all dietary requirements catered for.
Groups of up to 20 – £50 (+VAT) per person
Groups of up to 50 – £40 (+VAT) per person
Bespoke packages available for larger groups and multiple bookings.
A corporate activity day can sow the seeds for a longer relationship with HCGC…there are plenty of other ways to support our innovative organisation:
- Work with us to green up your work environment: organic, peat free plants for containers and baskets available year round.
- Bespoke training opportunities for your employees.
- Venue hire – hold a meeting in our strawbale eco building or hire the whole site for a hospitality event with a difference.
- Opportunities for skilled volunteering at business or strategic level.
- Nominate us as your charity of the year!
- Ask about Give As You Earn to support our community work
- Buy your British grown Christmas tree from us…delivery and even decorating available.